Effective Date: November 1, 2022
Your Privacy Rights
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
Some information is explicitly provided to us by you, while other information, such as your IP address, is gathered automatically as you use our services. You may voluntarily provide certain personal identifying information to us in connection with your use of our interactive web portals, your purchase of travel-related products, any signup incentives or promotions you elect to participate in, newsletter or other subscriptions, and services (all of which will be referred to as “Personal Information”). If you choose to provide us with Personal Information by opting in, you consent to our collection of that information and to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers located in the United States. Personal Information includes all information you voluntarily provide to us, whether in person, by telephone, mail or e-mail, or on this Website, such as:
(1) your contact information (e.g. name, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification number, and postal and e-mail addresses);
(2) financial information (e.g. credit card number, security code, cardholder name, billing address, and expiration date);
(3) information related to your travel profile (e.g. booking history, travel preferences and interests, identity of any travel companions, airline and hotel and rent-a-car loyalty program information); and
(4) information related to disability, medical condition and special health accommodations.
We may use your Personal Information to provide you with travel-related information, including providing you with responses to requests for travel services, travel notifications, travel advisories or warnings, travel confirmations and updates, as well as managing your account, processing bills, and/or personalized mailings (electronic or otherwise) or other communications that you consent to receive, and to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activity, resolve disputes and collect fees.
To Whom is Your Personal Information Disclosed
CET may share your information with third parties to facilitate your travel plans or requests for information. We may share your Personal Information (only to the extent reasonably necessary or as required by the circumstances) and Aggregated Data, when applicable, with the following parties:
(1) Third party vendors, web hosting service providers, travel service providers, host travel agencies and other reputable travel industry intermediaries in order for such parties to: (i) assist CET in providing the requested travel services to you, (ii) assist CET in personalizing your experience which includes informing you of future travel opportunities and offers (iii) provide aggregate reporting to CET and certain third parties (using only Aggregated Data and not individual Personal Information when provided to third parties), and (iv) provide emergency client assistance if applicable and eligible.
(2) Third party vendors, travel service providers, host travel agencies and other travel industry intermediaries which provide certain services or functions requested by you and/or which fulfill your requested transactions, including but not limited to, cruise lines, airlines, hotels, destination management companies, event sites, tour operators, travel insurance companies, ground transportation providers, and car rental companies, as well as service providers who assist with our business operations (such as fraud investigations, bill collection and affiliate and award programs).
(3) Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
(4) The appropriate parties if it is requested by a government agency or law enforcement personnel or if we are otherwise required by law to disclose it in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law (in which case, we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection available to us).
(5) Other appropriate entities, such as our successors or assigns, should we undergo a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale.
(6) The appropriate parties when we believe in good faith that disclosure is required to investigate or prevent suspected illegal activity, to protect the security, property, assets and/or rights of CET from unauthorized use or misuse of the Website or anything found at the Website.
Third Party Services
CET may provide third party links, or otherwise cooperate with third party service providers, to provide you with access to travel transaction management resources such as an online booking engine or an electronic document execution program. These online resources are independently owned and operated by third party providers and are not under our control. CET may provide access to these resources as a service to you, and is not responsible for their operation, content, information practices or any link contained in a linked site. These resources often gather personally identifiable information and financial information from you to complete your booking requests. And our service may include providing some of your Personal Information to the third party provider to help streamline the booking process.
Third Party Privacy Policies
CET does not sell travel or other services for purchase by children. This is a general audience website and does not offer services directed to children. Should a child whom we know to be under 18 send Personal Information to us, we will use that information only to respond directly to that child to inform him or her that we must have parental consent before receiving his or her personal information.
CET is in compliance with all applicable data protection laws in the European Economic Area (EEA), which, if applicable to you, include the following rights provided by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
Right to Information
Right to Access
Right to Rectification
Right to Withdraw Consent
Right to Object
Right to Object to Automated Processing
Right to be Forgotten
Right for Data Portability
To learn more about your rights, and for more information on the standards we abide by under GDPR, please visit the GDPR website here.
Our Security Precautions
Additionally, you are responsible for preventing unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by protecting your account credentials and limiting access to your devices.
Questions, Comments, Contact Information
Your online privacy is highly important to us and we welcome your comments or questions.
Last Updated: November 1, 2022.